Thursday, June 12, 2008

Mother Frangelico LAUGHING?

So this afternoon I was walking down the hallway when I heard a strange noise. I'd never heard this noise before, and it was coming from Mother Frangelico's office. I thought for a moment that maybe she was ill, so I went to peek in the doorway. Then I heard her speaking and realized she was on the phone, so I just walked past her. But I glanced inside just as she hung up the phone, and she was LAUGHING!

I've barely even seen her crack a smile! Sure, she's kind and all, but she's pretty low-key all the time.

I went back and asked her if everything was all right, and she was wiping her eyes, still laughing. She said all was fine and Sister Caprice was coming home this evening, and that I should go out back and ask Father to come in. So I went outside where Father and Sister Maxine were working on re-planting the garden behind the monastery. I didn't know what it was about and just told them Mother was laughing and Sister Caprice was coming home.

Sister Max and I finished planting a few bulbs and went inside to wash up. As we came down the hallway, this time we heard FATHER laughing!

We don't know what's going on but it'll be nice to have Sister Caprice around again. Besides...we need her to teach Sister Maxine how to cook. Mother Frangelico operates too much like "Hell's Kitchen!"

No comments: