Thursday, May 29, 2008

Cemetary Life and the Priesthood

We had a long day in the cemetary today, and I think that Sister Maxine and Sister Perpetua and I all became a lot closer. It was hard work and the gnats are out and so are the flies and mosquitos, but getting rid of all the weeds will really help!

And you know what...I found out that Sister Maxine is afraid of SNAKES! So when she saw one and screamed, I ran over and saw what had startled her. It was a big black and yellow snake, not sure what it was but we chased it away. I think was harmless and really just wanted to get away so we didn't do anything but help it on its way. But I think she and I now have an understanding...I won't bring her snakes, she won't bring me bugs.

I'm not a fan of snakes, mind you, but they are a fact of life and we have to deal with them. As long as they don't have 8 legs, well, I'm fine!

As usual, Sister Perpetua was completely stoic. Does she react to ANYTHING?

Anyway, when we came inside we really had to clean up and then we had some free time. So I hit the computer and started to do some research, and found out that tomorrow, May 30, is the World Day of Prayer for Priests!

Well, we have Father to pray for, and we have Brother Brit and Brother Gus, so we decided that tomorrow, all of us are going to pray for them especially as, well, Father IS a priest, and Bros. Brit and Gus and possible priests. So we're going to spend extra time in prayer and offer up all the things that happen tomorrow on their behalf.

We're not sure about Brother Gus, though, but no prayers are wasted!

2 comments:

Sister Maxine said...

The snake was HUGE! About 1 foot in length!!! And it snuck up on me - slithered right overtop of my foot!

But I found a great epitaph on the tombstone - "It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. I live by faith in the Son of God who has loved me and gave Himself up for me." Galatians 2:20.

Mother Frangelico said...

Well, I'm glad you ladies have made your peace. And I don't think it's so bad to have a stoic presence in the monastery, given all the drama between the rest of you!

And Sister Caprice...did you INTEND to really use the words "Cemetary" and "Priest" in the subject heading? My goodness, what will people be thinking when they see THAT title!?