Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Cemetary

I've wrote of, and now Father has, of the cemetary we've been cleaning up. Sr. Perpetua has been helping me this week, but I think we'll have to get Father and maybe the Brothers out to help with some other stuff. There's some downed trees that have to be cut up and I'm wondering if we can re-set some of the headstones? Some are quite beautiful but really toppled.

And this morning, Sr. Maxine agreed to join us. There ARE some really cool epitaphs, and I found one that is actually readable, looks like St. Augustine's quote, "Our hearts are restless, Lord, until they rest in Thee." But I can't read the name of the person buried there. Could this be a Catholic cemetary?

The only thing that worries me is that Sr. Perpetua was mumbling something about "the dead" and some stuff about Voodoo. I was afraid to ask, but I suppose she'll talk about it when she's ready. That seems to be going around.

And you know...don't tell Sr. Perpetua, but after this week in the sun she's gotten some color!

No comments: